The Nasdaq OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (QGRD) is designed to act as a transparent and liquid benchmark for the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector. The Index includes companies that are primarily engaged and involved in electric grid; electric meters, devices, and networks; energy storage and management; and enabling software used by the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector.
An exchange traded fund, GRID, is based on the Nasdaq Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index and is sponsored by First Trust Advisors L.P. See index components and learn more about our methodologies, up-to-date performance, and licensed products below.
Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index Components (Last updated March 2018)
Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index Semi-Annual Changes
As a result of the March 2018 evaluation, the following securities were most recently added or removed from the Index :
Additions: BYD (HONG KONG: 1211), Advantech (TAIWAN: 2395), Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI), Autoliv (NYSE: ALV), Aptiv (NYSE: APTV), Belden (NYSE: BDC), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), Enphase Energy (NASDAQ: ENPH), IBM (NYSE: IBM), Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA), Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), STMicroelectronics – ADR (NYSE: STM); and Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA).
Removal: Wasion Group Holdings (Hong Kong: 3393).
Historical changes are available here .
Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index Performance
Historical index performance is available here .
Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index Methodologies
The Nasdaq OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (QGRD) began on September 22, 2009, at a base value of 250.00. Click here to learn more.
To be included in the Index, a security must meet the following criteria:
- the issuer of the security must be classified as a smart grid, electric infrastructure, EV network, smart building, software, and/or other grid related activities company according to Clean Edge;
- the security must be listed on an index-eligible global stock exchange approved by the Index Administrator
The component securities are classified as Pure Play or Diversified. Pure Play securities are given a collective weight of 80% and the diversified securities are given a collective weight of 20% in the Index.
- Pure Play (must receive a signficant portion of revenue from smart grid and grid infrastructure activities)
- Diversified (must have activities that contibute to broader grid modernization and smart grid market)
QGRD is the world’s first exchange-listed index to track smart grid and electric infrastructure companies. Our goal is to act as a transparent and liquid benchmark for companies active in this sector.
For detailed methodology information visit here .
Nasdaq OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (QGRD) constituents must pass a rigorous screening test:
- Must be listed on eligible exchange
- Must have a minimum float-adjusted worldwide market capitalization of $100 million
- Must have a minimum three-month average daily dollar trading volume of $500 thousand
- Must pass qualitative criteria established by Clean Edge
Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Financial Products
The First Trust Nasdaq Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index Fund (GRID) is based on the Nasdaq OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (QGRD) and is sponsored by First Trust.
The information contained above is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should be construed as investment advice, either on behalf of a particular financial product or an overall investment strategy. Clean Edge, Inc., does not make any recommendation to buy or sell any financial product or any representation about the financial condition of any company or fund.