The ISE Clean Edge Water Index (HHO) is a modified market capitalization-weighted index designed to track the performance of companies that derive a substantial portion of their revenues from the potable water and wastewater industry. Industry exposure includes water distribution, infrastructure (pumps, pipes, and valves), water solutions (purification and filtration), and ancillary services such as consulting, construction, and metering.
ISE Clean Edge Water Index Components (Last updated September 2022)
ISE Clean Edge Water Index Semi-Annual Changes
There were no additions or removals from the HHO Index as a result of the September 2022 evaluation.
Historical changes are
ISE Clean Edge Water Index Performance
Historical index performance is available
ISE Clean Edge Water Index Methodologies
The ISE Clean Edge Water Index (HHO) (formally the ISE Water Index) began on December 29, 2000 at a base value of 28.80. Click here to learn more.
Index eligibility is limited to specific security types only. The security type eligible for the Index
To be eligible for inclusion in the Index, a security must meet the following criteria:
- the issuer of the security must derive a substantial portion of their revenues from the potable and wastewater industry, according to Clean Edge;
- be listed on The Nasdaq Stock Market, the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE American, or the CBOE Exchange;
- a minimum worldwide market capitalization of $100 million;
- a minimum free float of 20%;
- a minimum three-month average daily dollar trading volume (ADDTV) of $500 thousand;
- one security per issuer is permitted;
- have “seasoned” for at least three months on an index recognized market;
- the issuer of the security may not have entered into a definitive agreement or
other arrangementwhich would likely result in the security no longer being Index eligible;
- may not be issued by an issuer currently in bankruptcy proceedings; and
- the issuer of the security may not have annual financial statements with an audit opinion that is currently withdrawn.
Financial Products Based on the ISE Clean Edge Water Index
The First Trust Water ETF (FIW) is based on the ISE Clean Edge Water Index (HHO) and is sponsored by First Trust Advisors L.P.
The information contained above is provided for informational and educational purposes only. Clean Edge is not an investment adviser, and none of the information, including any Nasdaq Clean Edge index, should be construed as investment advice or relied on as the basis for making any kind of investment decision. Neither Clean Edge nor any of its affiliates makes any recommendation whatsoever to buy or sell any securities, fund, or financial product or any representation about the financial condition of any company, fund, or financial product. Information regarding any Clean Edge index is not a guarantee of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied. Past performance is not indicative of future results and should never be relied upon for making any kind of investment decisions. Investors should undertake their own due diligence and carefully evaluate companies before investing. ADVICE FROM A SECURITIES PROFESSIONAL IS STRONGLY ADVISED.