The Nasdaq Clean Edge International Green Energy Index is designed to track the performance of non-US-based companies that are manufacturers, developers, distributors, and/or installers of clean-energy technologies.
Nasdaq Clean Edge International Green Energy Index Top 10 Securities (as of October 30, 2023)
|Ticker||Security Name||Index Weight|
|NG||National Grid Plc||8.75%|
|SU||Schneider Electric SE||8.15%|
|1211||BYD Co. Ltd.||7.66%|
|VWS||Vestas Wind Systems A/S||4.25%|
|006400||Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.||3.33%|
|086520||ECOPRO Co., Ltd.||2.38%|
Nasdaq Clean Edge International Green Energy Index Performance
Historical index performance is available here.
Nasdaq Clean Edge International Green Energy Index Methodologies
Nasdaq Clean Edge Green Income Index (GGINC) began on January 23, 2021 at a Base Value of 1,000. Click here to learn more.
Industry or Sector Eligibility
A security’s issuer must be classified as a technology manufacturer, developer, distributor, and/or installer in one of the following sub-sectors, as defined by Clean Edge:
- Energy Intelligence (EI) – conservation of energy, increasing efficiency, energy and power management systems and controls, LEDs, superconductors, etc.;
- Renewable Energy (RE) – solar, wind, geothermal, and low-impact water-power manufacturers, developers, and operators;
- Enabling Materials (EM) - silicon, lithium, bio-based, and/or other materials and processes that enable clean-energy and low-carbon technologies;
- Grid - smart meters, transmission, and distribution, etc.; and
- Energy Storage & Conversion (ES&C) - electric vehicles; advanced batteries; power conversion; hydrogen; fuel cells for stationary, portable and transportation applications; etc.
A security’s issuer must have a demonstrated ability to capture the potential of the clean-energy sector by receiving 50% or more of its revenue from clean-energy and low-carbon activities, or, in the case wherein a constituent has multiple business units and revenue streams, have substantial exposure to the clean-energy and low-carbon sector, as determined by Clean Edge.
A security must be listed on an exchange not operated under The Nasdaq Stock Market, New York Stock Exchange, Inc., or Cboe Global Markets Inc., or as an A-Share on the Shanghai Stock Exchange or Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
To learn more about potential licensing opportunities, please contact Sean Wasserman at Sean.Wasserman@nasdaq.com.
The information contained above is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should be construed as investment advice, either on behalf of a particular financial product or an overall investment strategy. Neither Clean Edge, Inc., nor Nasdaq, Inc. or any of its affiliates, makes any recommendation to buy or sell any financial product or any representation about the financial condition of any company or fund. Statements regarding the indexes are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Investors should undertake their own due diligence and carefully evaluate companies before investing. ADVICE FROM A SECURITIES PROFESSIONAL IS STRONGLY ADVISED.