Corporate Clean Energy Leaders Universe:
Clean Edge’s Corporate Clean Energy Leaders Universe recognizes corporations that are leading the way in establishing renewable electricity and low-carbon commitments, deploying renewable energy, and investing in clean-tech deployment. As more companies transition from fossil fuels to clean energy, the Corporate Clean Energy Leaders Universe provides a key barometer of innovation, best practices, and leadership.
Universe Components (Last updated July 2016):
During its latest evaluation, 37 companies made the Corporate Clean Energy Leaders list. They are, in alphabetical order:
- Companies that get 25% or more of their current electricity from renewables (U.S. market and/or global)
- Investment organizations that have mobilized at least $25 billion in clean-energy/clean-tech deployment
- Companies that have a stated goal of getting 100% of their total electricity from renewables (for U.S. and/or global operations)
- Companies in the Top 25 of solar PV use in the United States
- Participation in at least one of the following organizations working to move towards a low-carbon, clean-energy economy: RMI's BRC and WRI's Buyer's Principles
- Presence of a Chief Sustainability Officer
Companies must meet at least two of the tracked criteria, and meet minimum score thresholds, to be eligible for inclusion in the rankings. Companies must also be U.S.-listed on the NYSE, NASDAQ, or AMEX exchange with a market cap of at least $1 billion.
The list excludes corporations whose primary business is the extraction and/or processing of coal or oil.
Clean Edge plans to update the universe twice annually, in January and July.
For indexing opportunities, please contact us.
BNP Paribas has licensed the universe for structured notes and market-linked CDs. (The Corporate Clean Energy Leaders universe is not sponsored, structured, endorsed, promoted, or published by BNP Paribas or any of its affiliates.) To learn more about other licensing opportunities, please contact us.
The information contained above is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should be construed as investment advice, either on behalf of a particular financial product or an overall investment strategy. Clean Edge, Inc., does not make any recommendation to buy or sell any financial product or any representation about the financial condition of any company or fund.